At a worldwide manufacturing company, with a big location in Geleen, we have the vacancy:
Where do you work:
The Tactical Project Buyer serves as a procurement business partner.
Capturing requirements, identifying opportunities, intensive co-operation with the internal customers and Procurement colleagues delivering value, in an efficient manner and fully compliant with Procurement Policy is of utmost importance.
As a Tactical Buyer you have the following responsibilities?
- Procure local Projects;
- Manage the Sourcing, Contracting and Procurement of assigned Maintenance CAPEX projects;
- Implement sourcing via competitive bidding as much as possible;
- Responsible for value creation;
- Ensure compliance to regional legislation, global standards, requirements, policies and procedures including EHS;
- Execute Vendor Qualification;
- Execute project supplier management;
- Achieve high supplier performance, ensure delivery at most profitable conditions in the current market and stimulate continuous improvement;
- Supplier evaluation;
- Manage complaint handling/ claims;
- On incidental basis provide operational support and solve critical procurement problems;
- Connect with Corporate functions like Legal and Insurance;
- Share knowledge of procurement processes and policies with the internal organization.
As a Tactical Buyer you recognize yourself in the following:
- At least Bachelor degree (or equivalent through experience) in a related field;
- Tactical purchasing experience and preferably procurement specific education in the mentioned field. (e.g. NEVI 1, 2);
- A minimum of 3-5 years working experience with internal customer base;
- Familiarity with manufacturing and materials, preferably a technical background;
- Capability of professional time management, communicate on progress and escalate if needed;
- Proven negotiation and analytical skills;
- Administrative affinity and knowledge SAP-MM, including accuracy;
- Customer focus;
- Team player;
- Flexible in picking up extra works and taking the extra step if needed;
- Steady & robust personality, able to work successful in a technical environment with project managers and other stakeholders;
- Proven execution and delivering results capabilities;
- Proven communication & interpersonal competences resulting in best team results;
- Fluent in English and Dutch, verbal and writing.
You will immediately receive a contract with our client as well as good secondary employment conditions that we would like to explain further.