At a company in the maritime industry, Rotterdam region, we are looking for an:
Engineer System Integration
Where are you going to work?
You will be working in one of our engineering departments. They provide system integration, electrical design and automation for both new construction projects and upgrades of systems on board luxury super yachts, naval vessels and submarines. For the electrical and system integration projects we are looking for a System Engineer. We offer you the opportunity to grow into the role of Technical Project Manager.
As an Engineer System Integration you are responsible for:
- The technical system architecture and integration of complex systems and installations on board naval vessels;
- You are therefore able to devise system solutions independently;
- Based on your extensive system knowledge in electrical engineering and system integration, you are the point of contact for the project team and for the customer;
- You oversee all project phases (engineering, production, implementation and commissioning).
- You determine the basic design and take care of the electrical integration of all systems on board ships;
- You will have the detail design performed, or perform it yourself;
- Preparing technical specifications for systems and selecting components and materials to be applied;
- You analyze complex issues to arrive at new system solutions, edit and evaluate technical data;
- You consult with client/user and classification societies and ensure that the systems and installations meet the requirements of both the client and certifying bodies;
- You advise in the preparation of system designs and commissioning of complex systems;
- You attend internal and external FATs as well as any HAT and SAT of complex systems.
As an Engineer System Integration you recognize yourself in the following:
- Knowledge of electrical engineering at college level;
- You have extensive experience with the engineering of electrical installations (e.g. generation, system integration and lighting), preferably in the maritime sector;
- Good knowledge of materials related to electronic or control engineering systems and components;
- Knowledge and experience with Eplan is a plus;
- You are able to lead a small team of Electrical Engineers and successfully direct them on the technical content;
- Knowledge of classification authority requirements is a plus;
- Good, clear communication, both written and verbal in Dutch and/or English;
- Having a permit to work in the Netherlands.
We offer you a varied and challenging job with the prospect of permanent employment with our client.