At a company in the maritime industry, Rotterdam region, we are looking for an:
Engineer Power Distribution
Where are you going to work?
You will be working in one of our engineering departments. They provide system integration, electrical design and automation for both new construction projects and upgrades of systems on board luxury super yachts, naval vessels and submarines. For the electrical and system integration projects we are looking for a System Engineer. We offer you the opportunity to grow into the role of Technical Project Manager.
As an Engineer Power Distribution you are responsible for:
- Independently setting up the total power distribution on board a naval ship;
- Based on your extensive knowledge and experience in electrical engineering you are the point of contact for the project team and for the customer;
- Hereby you oversee all project phases (engineering, production, execution and commissioning);
- Setting up complete distribution systems;
- Designing switchboards;
- Making short circuit calculations;
- Doing selectivity studies;
- Performing (or having performed) detailed design;
- Drawing up technical specifications;
- Selecting components and materials to be applied;
- Analyzing complex issues to arrive at new system solutions;
- Editing and reviewing technical data;
- Consulting with client/user and classification societies;
- Ensuring that the systems and installations meet the requirements of both the client and the certifying bodies;
- Attending internal and external FATs and possibly the HAT and SAT for complex systems.
As a Power Distribution Engineer, you recognize yourself in the following:
- An experienced independent engineer who can manage a small team of Electrical Engineers on the technical content;
- You have good, clear communication skills, both oral and written in Dutch and English;
- Knowledge of electrical engineering at college level;
- Broad experience with electrical power distribution;
- Good knowledge of materials related to electronic or control systems and components;
- Knowledge and experience with Eplan is an advantage;
- Knowledge of the requirements of classification authorities is an advantage;
- Having a permit to work in the Netherlands.
We offer you a varied and challenging job with the prospect of permanent employment with our client.