At a company in the maritime industry, Rotterdam region, we are looking for a:
Technical Project Manager
Where will you work?
The Engineering Naval department (now 25 FTE in total) takes care of system integration, electrical design and power distribution for both new-build projects and upgrades of (sub)systems on board naval ships and submarines. These projects are realized worldwide.
As Technical Project Manager you are responsible for:
- You coordinate the electrical engineering of our projects, make technical choices and are the business card to the customer;
- In short, a challenging and versatile position, in which you report to the project manager and engineering manager;
- Taking care of the engineering of ship installations with the team (5-10 engineers);
- Planning and monitoring the engineering work of the project;
- Coordinating the technical concepts with the customer;
- Support during the proposal process;
- Taking care of the electrical integration and power distribution of all systems on board the ship;
- Securing and testing the design quality against regulations, standards and customer requirements.
As Technical Project Manager you recognize yourself in the following:
- Talent for coordination of projects on a technical level;
- You are a pleasant manager and motivate the engineers to deliver top performance day in and day out;
- In addition to your management skills, you have excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Dutch and English;
- Knowledge of electrical engineering at college level;
- Leadership experience in long-running maritime projects;
- Good knowledge of materials related to electronic or control systems and components;
- Several years of experience in engineering of electrical engineering;
- Sense of using engineering tools, including Eplan P8 and Autocad (2D), is a plus;
- Knowledge of the requirements of classification authorities is a plus;
- Having a permit to work in the Netherlands.
We offer you a varied and challenging job with the prospect of permanent employment with our client.